(From 10am – 6pm and every other weekend)
Function: Prepares and serves attractive, nutritious meals in accordance with state regulation and Five Star policies and procedures to ensure that quality food service is provided at all times.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Freedom from illegal use of drugs.
- Freedom from use and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
- Persons who have been convicted by a court of law or regulatory body of abusing, neglecting or mistreating individuals in a health care related setting are ineligible for employment in this position.
- Must pass state and company criminal background check.
- Demonstrates effective time management skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- Experience and/or knowledge of special diets, meal preparation for large groups and safe food handling techniques are required. Ability to read and understand recipes, work in a team environment, work flexible shifts, handle multiple tasks at one time and communicate effectively verbally and/or in writing.
- Ability to perform detail work involving math calculations, problem solve, handle emergency situations, read and understand menus.
- Must enjoy working with the elderly and able to accept constructive criticism. Ability to interact with residents who are highly susceptible to common illness without posing additional health risks. Must maintain good personal hygiene, wear a uniform and comply with safety standards.
Part-Time CMA (Certified Medication Assistant)
This position will ensure that the health and safety of all residents are met. Provides residents with services in accordance with health care provider’s orders regarding administration or assistance with medications and treatments, as per state regulations. Provides direct care to residents following the individualized service plan.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- 1 to 2 months related experience preferred and/or training in direct service with older adults, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- State certified 40hour medication aide course is required.
- Knowledge of dementia, particularly of the Alzheimer’s type is helpful.
(Days, Evenings and Nights)
Will assist cook directly and perform meal preparation and serving. Will be responsible for dining room set up and dish washing duties.
- Assist in preparation and serving of meals and snacks
- Assure safe and sanitary procedures
- Receive and store supplies
- Prepare dining room for meals, properly set tables
- Perform cleaning assignments – sweep, mop, clear and clean tables, vacuum, etc.
- Maintenance of housekeeping or laundry tasks
Reports to: Dietary Supervisor
Lisa Orozco, ED
Kinship Pointe – McCook