Walk-in interviews welcome. Apply in person Monday – Friday from 10 am – 4 pm.
Shifts: 6am-1:30pm, 6:30am-2pm or 11:30am-7pm. Every other weekend and holiday.
We are looking for a full-time cook.
Duties include: Preparation, cooking and serving of meals and snacks. Assure safe and sanitary procedures. Receive and store supplies. Wash, sanitize, dry & store all wares. Perform cleaning assignments – sweep, mop, etc.
- Freedom from illegal use of drugs.
- Freedom from use and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
- Persons who have been convicted by a court of law or regulatory body of abusing, neglecting or mistreating individuals in a health care related setting are ineligible for employment in this position.
- Must pass state and company criminal background check.
- Demonstrates effective time management skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- Experience and/or knowledge of special diets, meal preparation for large groups and safe food handling techniques are required. Ability to read and understand recipes, work in a team environment, work flexible shifts, handle multiple tasks at one time and communicate effectively verbally and/or in writing.
- Ability to perform detail work involving math calculations, problem solve, handle emergency situations, read and understand menus.
- Must enjoy working with the elderly and able to accept constructive criticism. Ability to interact with residents who are highly susceptible to common illness without posing additional health risks. Must maintain good personal hygiene, wear a uniform and comply with safety standards.
Come work with a fun collaborative team that focuses on making seniors’ lives better!
Primary Purpose: Develop, coordinate, and implement tenant activities at Kinship Pointe, Kearney. Encourage community participation by tenants in activities providing physical, social, intellectual, and spiritual development with an opportunity to use individual talents and skills.
- High School diploma with some college or related training is preferred.
- Prior experience in planning and implementing activities and events.
- Experience in working with senior adults; knowledgeable and sensitive to the needs and concerns of the senior population.
- Other Specialized Knowledge and Abilities
This position requires the incumbent to have:
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills.
- Ability to operate computers and software.
- Excellent listening and response skills in communicating with the tenant community.
- Discretion in retaining confidential information with Kinship Pointe and between staff and tenants.
- The mindset of a caregiver with a friendly and positive demeanor towards tenants.
Essential Job Functions & Tasks:
- Plan/develop/coordinate/implement tenant activities.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement activities, events, trips, and celebrations.
- Engage tenants to participate in all planned activities.
- Encourage tenants to utilize opportunities to demonstrate their talents and skills within the structure of the programmed activities.
- Organize tenants to plan and assist with scheduled events.
- Prepare surveys and encourage response by tenants concerning activities and interests of the tenant community.
- Plan and implement programs to celebrate nationally recognized holidays and other special days.
- Communicate and cooperate with the Manager, food service, and pastoral care staff in planning activities.
- Drive the bus/van weekly to tenant doctor/dentist appointments, food stores, pharmacy, and planned outings for tenants.
Administrative and Other Assignments:
- Prepare a monthly activity calendar and keep tenants informed.
- Write and edit a monthly newsletter.
- Schedule and coordinate transportation needs for visits to food stores, pharmacies, banks, and medical appointments for tenants.
- Drive the facility van/bus with direction from management.
- Review and manage the annual activities budget.
- Assist other staff members on occasion as needed.
- Assist with answering the telephones and emergency call systems.
- May perform other duties as assigned or requested by the Housing Manager.
PT Home Health Aide
We are looking for a part-time Home Health Aide! We are a 2nd generation, family-owned company with 21 communities and growing, for this reason, we are invested in our staff’s training, growth, and development within our organization. You will be working side by side with a team of highly motivated professionals that will assist in helping you learn the ropes of the community.
- Competitive Wages
- Outstanding Work Environment
- Job Growth Opportunity
Provides primary personal care to patients, such as bathing and dressing them in their own homes. Along with medical care, they also provide light housekeeping duties around the home and help patients with other tasks around their home.
If interested, apply today!
We are looking for a Certified Nurse Assistant. If interested please apply today!
Duties will include:
- Assisting residents with daily needs such as dressing, bathing, toileting, transferring and other various requests for assistance.
- Medication pass
- Getting residents ready for appointments or outings
- Being social and friendly with all residents
Must attend required in-services and work independently.
We are looking for a Medication Aide. If interested please apply today!
The primary purpose of your job position is to assist in the administering of medications to residents as ordered by the attending physician, under the direction of the attending physician, your supervisor and your administrator. The administration of medications shall be in accordance with established nursing standards, the policies, procedures, and practices of this facility, and the requirements of this state.
Delegation of Authority:
As a Certified Medication Aide, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- 1 to 2 months related experience preferred and/or training in direct service with older adults, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- State certified 40hour medication aide course is required.
- Knowledge of dementia, particularly of the Alzheimer’s type is helpful.
Reports to: Administrator / Administrator-In-Charge / Supervisor
We are looking for a Resident Assistant for Assisted Living community to join our team at the Kinship Pointe community!
- CNA certification preferred but not required
- 18 years of age
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 1 to 2 months related experience preferred and/or training in direct service with older adults, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Knowledge of dementia, particularly of the Alzheimer’s type is helpful
- Assists residents with activities of daily living (i.e., grooming, dressing and undressing, toileting, shaving (with electric shaver), hair care, denture care, filing and cleaning nails, bathing)
- Responds to call lights
- Assists residents with ambulation and use of walkers, canes, wheelchairs, etc.
- Assists residents in transferring from bed to chair, wheelchair and commode
- Assists residents during mealtimes in the dining room and serve residents’ meals including tray service
- Routinely checks residents to ensure care needs are being met
- Performs housekeeping duties in resident apartments and common areas as assigned
- Requires every other weekend and holiday
- Enjoys serving seniors
- Excellent customer service and hospitality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Patient and compassionate
- Must be able to multitask efficiently
Amanda Husmann, ED
Kinship Pointe – Kearney